Belintash is the name of a beautiful rock in a shape of a 300 meters long plateau at 1200 m. elevation in Rhodope Mountains. There is a few similar rocks in the area and each of them offers spectacular views to the green mountains around. The type of rock itself is very specific and adds to the unique landscape. The place is about 30 kilometers south east from Asenovgrad – a small town which is situated as a gateway in the foot of the mountains. This destination is good as a weekend trip from the second biggest Bulgarian city Plovdiv [...]
Rhodope Mountains are part of the oldest landmass on the Balkan Peninsula – the Rilo-Rhodope Мassif, which includes also Rila and Pirin Mountains, and a few smaller mountain ranges. They are extended at about 15 000 square kilometers, with about 90% of them located in Bulgaria and remaining in Greece. That makes it the most extensive mountain range in the country, situated in the southwest parts of Bulgaria. The highest point is mount Golyam Perelik (2191 m.). The Rhodope Mountais are not very high but with a very complicated structure, an extensive network of separated ridges and deep gorges, covered [...]
Latest on Website:
- Happy New Year!
- New Trail Cameras in Central Balkan National Park
- Welcome to our Galleries Page!
- Snowshoeing around Bansko
- Some Scheduled Trips for the Summer of 2012
- Hut to Hut Hiking in Pirin Mountains in August
- Hiking in Western Rhodopes
- Spring Mountain Biking in Rhodope Mountains
- Lifts Operating Hours & Schedule for Summer 2012
- Weddings of Ribnovo