Rajskoto Pruskalo is a beautiful waterfall in Balkan Mountains, at the territory of Central Balkan National Park. With its height of 124,5 meters it is actually the highest one on Balkan Peninsula. The waterfall is constant, rich of water and most attractive in spring and early summer, when is supplied by the melting snow drifts. It is situated at the foot of Mount Botev (2 376 m.) – the highest point of Balkan Mountains. The mountain itself has a shape of a huge dome with a gentle grassy slopes from the east and west and steep, rocky north and south [...]
The most famous mountain on the Balkans is also the longest – about 550 km in length from Belogradchishki Pass on Bulgaria’s west border to Cape Emine at the Black Sea, and between 30-60 kilometers wide in its different parts. The mountain stretches all along the country and divides it in two ranges – Northern and Southern Bulgaria. It had many different names during the ages, the most popular were Hemus Mountains and Balkan Mountains (given by the Turks), that was accepted by the geographers and in the literature for a long time and determinate the name of the whole [...]
Latest on Website:
- Happy New Year!
- New Trail Cameras in Central Balkan National Park
- Welcome to our Galleries Page!
- Snowshoeing around Bansko
- Some Scheduled Trips for the Summer of 2012
- Hut to Hut Hiking in Pirin Mountains in August
- Hiking in Western Rhodopes
- Spring Mountain Biking in Rhodope Mountains
- Lifts Operating Hours & Schedule for Summer 2012
- Weddings of Ribnovo